3. BREWING & DRINKING TIPS & HINTS FOR THE BEST KOPI LUWAK BREW:
SERVING DIRECTIONS: First WASH HANDS! Then place 1 (ONE) TABELSPOON ground Kopi Luwak beans into coffee plunger with 250mL HOT water to make 1 (ONE) cup, 2 (TWO) TABELSPOONS AND500mL HOT water to make 2 (TWO) cups Etc. If you are after a stronger cup of coffee, add extra ground Kopi Luwak beans into plunger before the 250mL water - until you reach the desired strength. STORAGE DIRECTIONS:GRIND ONLY ENOUGH Kopi Luwak beans for 1 (ONE) cup brewing at a time and store the remaining coffee beans in the original zip and valve sealed pouch, squeeze air from the pouch to keep remaining coffee beans as fresh as possible and perfect tasting, then store in an air-tight container/canister (E.g. A Tupperware Container or a Glass Airtight Cooking Jar) and place in a DRY, NON-HUMID, COOL and NON-ODOROUS PLACE, CUPBOARD or SHELF at NO HOTTER than 11 to 16 Degrees Celsius - IF POSSIBLE!! DO NOT STORE IN FRIDGE OR FREEZER – Because your other stored/frozen food in the fridge or freezer, fill the fridge and freezer compartments with their own smells and odours, they then transfer or contaminate the Kopi Luwak coffee beans with these smells and odours, changing and ruining the taste, smell and quality characteristics of the Kopi Luwak beans!!
Helpful tips for brewing a perfect cup of Kopi Luwak:
1. The native Indonesians and Philippines actually believe that the simple process of using a coffee plunger or even a percolator to make a cup of Kopi Luwak coffee is actually ONE of the BEST AND MOST SIMPLEST, BUT STILL TASTEFUL AND EFFECTIVE ways to brew up a cup of Kopi Luwak! THESE METHODS ARE STILL BELIEVED TO BE AS GOOD OR EQUALLY AS GOOD as an espresso machine - especially for Kopi Luwak, but this DOES POSITIVELY mean if you fall in love with DAF’s Coffee Connoisseurs Kopi Luwak, you DON’T need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on purchasing an espresso machine, you can just use your old/new coffee plunger or percolator and your kettle!
2. If you have access to an espresso machine via a friend or even if you own one yourself, try comparing a normal coffee plunger or percolated brewed cup of Kopi Luwak to the espresso machine brewed cup, and really see how the three different methods compare in taste to each other!?... Then continually use or try this comparison method with all of your usual and your new coffees you buy to try in the future and then you'll find you will develop a much wider, more distinctive, coffee taste pallet, that distinguishes between different types/strains/varieties of coffees!...
3. Try making your NORMAL BRAND of coffee which you drink E.g. Espresso common worldwide, (in Australia a common coffee drunk is Instant Coffees, of different varieties; E.g. Normal, Blends and Gold), at normal strength and leave it straight black, then make a cup of Kopi Luwak at the desired strength too, leaving it straight black as well and sip each coffee individually to find your coffee pallet’s taste of the two different coffees and deduce the differences between the two types of coffees - you will DEFINITELY NOTICE that Kopi Luwak is a FAR BETTER QUALITY and SWEETER coffee than the others!!
N.B:Normal coffee has a very distinctive“Burnt and Bitter” taste AND aroma to the coffee beans and their blend – they also leave this “Burnt and Bitter” taste AND aroma characteristic behind in your mouth, throat and bodily taste and aroma receptors, as a strong after-taste.The color of normal coffee is also different to Kopi Luwak. It is generally more a low, lighter, faded, weaker strength, whiter and runnier looking color/texture [when made with milk] than Kopi Luwak. Kopi Luwak is a VERY high, rich, dark, stronger/more powerful taste and texture, more a caramel/chocolate sort of color and much thicker viscosity and density – compared to normal coffees.
4. For the VERY BEST tasting and quality Kopi Luwak brew of coffee made in a COFFEE PLUNGER, the BEST BREWING TACTIC is to put 1 (ONE) TABLESPOON of ground Kopi Luwak coffee beans for 1 (ONE) cup, into the plunger and then add 250mL of hot water into the plunger with the Kopi Luwak grinds AND ACTUALLY THOROUGHLY STIR the Kopi Luwak grinds in the hot water, with a metal dessert or tablespoon spoon,for AT LEAST 1 minute, EVEN LONGER,THEN push the plunger filter (handle) down to the bottom of the coffee plunger. This mixes up the hot water with the grinds to a MAXIMUM AMOUNT and you will find the brew is MUCH, MUCH stronger and potent [Thoroughly Mixed Up] - than just pushing down the coffee plunger filter, by its self!
5. Due to Kopi Luwak having an INCREDIBLY STRONG AND POWERFUL,naturally sweet and strong aromatic smell and taste, if you take sugar in your coffee normally, try decreasing the amount of teaspoons of sugar you put into your cup and decide whether you really need extra sugar with the Kopi Luwak brew, or is its natural sweet and aromatic traits strong enough?...
6. Make sure you stir/dissolve ALL the milk, coffee grinds, sugar, sweetener and any other additives you take in your coffee - into your cup/brew of Kopi Luwak in thoroughly - so the WHOLE cup/brew of Kopi Luwak is TOTALLY MIXED UP. In the coffee mug/cup. You will be highly amazed at how much BETTER a thoroughly mixed up cup/brew of coffee tastes - compared to a mug/cup of coffee that is NOT MIXED/STIRRED UP PROPERLY OR CORRECTLY and that isn't dissolved totally!! “The MORE you MIX; BETTER the EXPERIENCE!!”
7. Make sure you don’t use water that is TOO HOT in your plunger with the ground Kopi Luwak beans, because it BURNS the coffee grinds, leaving a “Burnt & Bitter" - taste, smell, aftertaste and aroma!
Proven Fact 2: It is widely known now, that drinking approximately Four (4) to Five (5) cups of Kopi Luwak coffee per day per person, actually reduces the risk of: CONTRACTING/SUFFERING FROM ALL CANCERS in the human body; by between 38% and 48%! This fact is now scientifically proven and should encourage or entice people into drinking more cups of: KOPI LUWAK COFFEE??!!...!?
Proven Fact 3:It is widely known now, that drinking approximately Four (4) to Five (5) cups of coffee per day per person, actually reduces the risk contracting and suffering from "Diabetes Effects, Affects, Characteristics and Symptoms" in the human body; by between 40% and 50% It is now scientifically proven and should encourage or entice people into drinking more cups of Kopi Luwak coffee - SO DRINK YOUR COFFEE IN LUXURY - AND DRINK KOPI LUWAK??!!...!?